FL Studio has everything you need to record, edit, sequence, arrange, mix and master your own professional quality music. Image-Line has spent over 12 years for developing the FL Studio (and continues to do so) so you can be sure it’s highly optimized for music production work! With FL Studio, you’ll make your own high quality original music in no time.
Whether you’re looking for a flexible beat making software to produce hip hop, rap, r&b, house, electro house, drum and bass, techno, minimal techno, trance, progressive trance, dubstep, ambient, downtempo or whatever type of music or a tool to produce soundtracks, soundscapes, fx or you want to record, edit, mix, master or practically do anything that has something to do with audio, FL Studio is definitely worth checking out.
FL Studio has all the goods built-in:
- Best Piano Roll ever for sequencing
- Step sequencer for building drum sequences efficiently
- Logical Playlist where you can arrange your music
- Performance mode to trigger Playlist Clips live using a mouse, touch screen, typing keyboard or MIDI controller
- Audio editor Edison with a wide range of audio editing tools
- Edit, pitch-correct, time-stretch, beat-detect and slice audio
- Multi-track audio & MIDI recording
- Sample browser for quick access to WAV, AIFF, REX & MP3 files
- Nice set of a virtual instruments
- Signal processing effects such as reverbs, delays, phasers, flangers, compressors, limiter, parametric equalizers, distortion fx’s and a LOT more…
- Slicex for precise slicing & re-arranging samples & loops
- Automate interface and plugin parameters
- Easy to use Sampler
- Hosting support for synthesizer and effect plugins (32 & 64 bit VST)
- Record and play MIDI input from controllers
- Connect as a VSTi in other DAWs or through ReWire
- And the list goes on and on and on…
Personally, I’ve been using FL Studio for over ten years now. I’ve also worked with Cubase, Reason, Sonar, Ableton Live, Orion and there’s no doubt they’re all good, but IMHO there’s couple of things that separates FL Studio from the rest and two of the most notable ones are the sequencing features (Piano Roll) which is simply unbeatable and the workflow. It’s just so quick and easy to go in-depth with the sequencing and compose some really complex melodies, build the drum grooves, eq, compress and add all the other necessary effects for a complete song. FL Studio is always ready for start making music right away.
Lot of well known producers use FL Studio – either as their main DAW or for making beats and interesting tweak. You may have heard of such talents as AVICII (Tim Berg), Afrojack, Porter Robinson, EPHIXA, Mehran Abbasi, Boi-1da, Lex Luger, Madeon, Basshunter, 9th Wonder, DeadMau5, AudioJack, Jay Frog, Mike Oldfield, Steve Duda, etc… They are all FL Studio power users and there’s tons of more.
“Can’t believe the depth of Image-Line’s FL10. Literally crushes all other DAWs in sequencing. It’s like a generative step sequencer. Mental.” – by BT via Twitter
Check the video below for a quick intro to FL Studio:
And the new features of FL Studio 11:
Also, check some of my tutorials for FL Studio to get the idea of some of it’s features.
Moreover, here’s couple of example tracks made with FL Studio – just to give you a little idea what you can do with it:
When you buy FL Studio (depending on the edition), you’ll get the main software, great set of plugin instruments, effects and sounds to get you started immediately. And what’s really cool is that you get FREE UPDATES FOR LIFE! You’ll also get access to a very active user forum where you can stay directly in contact with the developers and other FL Studio users.
Download the FL Studio DEMO to test it out.
If you buy FL Studio through here, you’ll get 10% off the regular price, so the final price would be:
- For FL Studio Fruity Edition $89
- For FL Studio Producer Edition $179 (recommended!)
- For FL Studio Signature Bundle $269 (recommended!)
- For FL Studio + ALL Plugins Bundle $841.36 (recommended!)
(Yes, these are all my affiliate links meaning I get a few percents from each sale, but remember that you get 10% off the regular price when you buy via my affiliate links and also, you support my website as part of the money goes for paying the server bills).