After a long hiatus from making tutorials, here’s finally a new video. It’s about how to make a snare sound using Sytrus.
There’s no text boxes this time, I’m just showing you how to.
The method is simple: I’m using Sytrus with two Operators. OP1 is for snap and body, OP2 for noise.
In the effect chain I’m using:
- Fruity Fast Dist for distortion
- PEQ2 for cutting lows and boosting some fundamental parts
- Soundgoodizer for additional excitement
- Another PEQ2 for cutting low frequencies even more after Soundgoodizer (plus some minor tweaking in the mid/high area)
- Transient Processor for sharpening the attack part of the snare.
I also show you how the snare works in a simple mix (i.e in a ‘context’).
Download the FLP file HERE.