First of all, you won’t find any acoustic style drum samples in this pack: it’s purely machine, synthetic style collection of drum hits – just like the name of the sample pack implies.
The samples sound very clean, sharp and snappy. I especially liked the kick drums: it’s very easy to make them poke through the mix. Very good material for any EDM where you really want the kick drum to stand out without the need of tons of EQ or compression.
The snare samples are mostly in a style of “909 snares”, but with some extra attitude, twist and variation. They fit perfectly to the genre of this pack. And works well with the kicks.
Included are also a set of hihats, claps and percussion samples and they complement the package nicely: there’s closed and open hihats, blips, toms, shakers, snaps, taps, woodblocks, etc. All in a style of “machine sounds”.
Machine Attacks is available in six different formats (Logic, FL Studio, Reason Refill, WAV, Native Instruments and Ableton Live – note that each format does include the WAVs as well). The FL Studio version includes 12 DirectWave patches which are ready-to-use drum kits made out of the samples.
There’s also five mixer presets. Each preset contains a nicely designed effect chain which you can use to process the drums a bit further – to add some crunch and grit for example. These are handy to drop into your drum bus mixer tracks.
So what’s the verdict? Machine Attacks is a good quality and usable collection of electronic drum samples. And in my opinion, the real meat of this pack are the kick drums.
Well done, ModeAudio!
Below is a video I made to demonstrate some of the samples and content of Machine Attacks:
- Machine Attacks – drum hits sample collection by ModeAudio
- 63 Kick Hits
- 60 Snare Hits
- 25 Clap Hits
- 47 Hi Hat Hits (Open and Closed)
- 43 Percussion Hits (Shakers, Toms, Taps and more)
- Available in six different formats (Logic, FL Studio, Reason Refill, WAV, Native Instruments, Ableton Live. Note that each format contains the WAV files as well)
- Price: $19.94
And now to the GIVEAWAY part: with the permission of ModeAudio, I’m holding a simple email draw where the winner will receive Machine Attacks AND Hyper Beats, a new drum sample collection, for free! Here’s how you participate:
Enter your name and email address to the form below
- The contest will run for one week
- The winner will be picked randomly amongst the entries using RandomPicker.com and will be announced here and in my Facebook page as well (I will also send an email to the winner)