The Producers Choice has just released a new sample collection focusing on 808 kick drum & boom samples, produced by a world class sound engineer Mike Chav. Mike has worked as an engineer, producer and instrumentalist for such main stream artists as Erykah Badu, Jay Electronica, Snoop Dogg, Method Man, Eminem, D12, Amp Fiddler, Guilty Simpson, Slum Village, J Dilla, Busta Rhymes etc.
808 Kick Drum & Boom Samples were sampled from the original Roland TR-808 and then processed with a high end gear.
I had the opportunity to test out the samples and they sound great indeed! First of all quality is pristine and assortment is good: you’ll find those very low wall shaking booms with a long sub tail, lots of hard attack kicks and handful of punchy mid range kicks as well. For me, as a producer, I found it very easy to create a beat with a strong low end with these.
Check out the video below. It’s a beat I quickly made using the 808 Kick Drum & Boom samples (hihats & claps are from Mike Kalumbo’s collection):
Or check higher quality preview below:
Here’s what you get in the package:
- 48 unique takes on the classic 808 kick drum
- The sampling/mixing talent of a true professional engineer to the stars (this would cost $1,000s per hour to hire Mike to mix your drums)
- No fluff, just 48 incredibly usable, pounding kick drums & booms to take your low end to the next level.
- WAV format for stellar quality – with no expense spared during the recording of these samples
- Instant secure delivery delivery – so you can add to your beats in 30 seconds.
Price is $25
Check out The Producers Choice for more detailed info.