Tone2 has set the Firebird 2 as a freeware. I bought this synth while ago (when it was still commercial) and I must say it’s an awesome synth plugin!
Here’s a quote from Tone2 website:
After seven years of faithful service, the time has come to set the bird free. Firebird itself has become vintage and even though it’s no longer profitable to remain a commercial product, we feel that more people should deserve an opportunity to enjoy this sometimes heavily underestimated synthesizer.
Which is why we decided to release one last update and turn the product into freeware (previuosly $79). We want to say a big THANK YOU to all customers who supported the development of Firebird and other Tone2 products, by purchasing our software.
Please feel free to share Firebird 2 with all your friends! We hope you’ll enjoy working with Firebird for many more years.
And here’s some technical details of Firebird 2
- Very easy to program and easy to use
- A unique sounding synthesis: Harmonic content morphing (HCM)
- High sound quality: Warm, transparent
- 437 hand picked presets included, over 1000 sounds available
- 84 oscillator types containing 18,000 morphable waveforms
- 38 different filter types
- True stereo mode, 4x unison mode, and up to 8 oscillators per voice
- Can sound like other synthesis methods – additive, subtractive, AM, FM, phase distortion, supersaw, vocoder, sync
- Can sound like natural instruments like piano, brass, organs…
- 23 spectral manipulations or “modifiers” can be applied to the oscillators
- 21 arpeggiator types
- 13 effect types
- Skinable user interface
Go download the Firebird 2 on Tone2’s website asap!
Below is a couple of sound examples:
I can’t seem to find any of the synths in the video in my version of FireBird… did you happen to purchase those synths?
I was using presets from factory bank B. You’ll find them by clicking the Setup button (it’s in the Other -section of Firebird). It will open a setup window and there’s a box named “load factory bank”. Click on the box and you can select another? bank (A, B, C).
thanks for letting me know! i appreciate it!! 🙂
pls is there any that can Help me
I checked out da synth plugin n i must say it’s pretty awesome and flexible……
Once again lots o gratitude, cz i wd not be dis gud in Fl if it wasn’t for ur website.
QN: In 2 tuts u’ve used da ”swing” to make da beat mo melodious, but does it affect all da patterns in use at da sequencer or only 1 pattern per say?
It’s a great synth indeed!
To your question: the swing affects to all patterns. If you want to swing only a specific pattern or sound, it’s best to send it to Piano Roll and use the Groove Template (ALT+Q) to add the swing.
Thx alot men……cz i cdnt figure out da difference in da sound in other patterns.
BTW….am tryna get ma image to appear whenever i post on da web but mmh mmh ……cant figure it out
OMG…….dis da plugin Timbo used for ”Return Da Favor” ft Keri Hilson…..
Thanks for posting the video. I also appreciate your posting the settings you used to make them. Beautiful sounds.. I’ve started getting the hang of programming it and have already made a few of my own. Maybe you could host a community made soundbank?
the sounds are so awsome can wait to try it thnx petri
Hi, I just wanted to ask…
How do I install a VST?
It is my first time.
i think ……
1. if its a ”run-able/installable” Vst then u run/install, afterwards u go to da sequencer n right click on any channel, go to replace or insert option, u move to the top most where there’s ”more…”, u click it, u click refresh, then click ”fast scan(recommended), u shd be able to see da installed plugin/vst, then check da small box of da vst on da left to enable it, then close….u shd be able to see it wen u want to replace or insert.
2. if its a ”dll.” file then take it direct to da vst/plugin file n dump it there….u shd be able to see it wen u want to replace or insert.
hope dis helps
Petri,Im so into electro and dubstep,could you please refer me to some VST’s that can help me build my career….
LOVE YOUR TUTORIALS…
This is really a great plugin, quite good synths. Btw, do you have a different page or category for effect plugins? I have been looking for some good effect plugins that I can put to use. Please let me know if you have any particular page for that. Thanks in advance 🙂
Could you plez help me how to download full version of Tone2 Freebird pluggin Plez
Only for 32 bit systems 🙁 !?
It ain’t free. Check your site for pup virus.
This plug in is sick!!!!!!! this website rocks!!!!!
can you instruct me on how to use this with fl studio
Thank’s a lot Mr.Petri
,I watch all of your tutorial about making EDM music in youtube and i think your explanation its amazing!!!
now i can make my own EDM music in fl studio….of course because of your kindness to share..
I should take a little for me To enable the PLUG IN.